It's a Buyer's Market
You Have To Price Your House Right
realistic – what is a buyer willing to pay – not what are your expectations.
- compare yours to other homes on the market?
- price it too high and your listing will stay on the market. While your looking for prices from the past, your home loses its
freshness and you look like a stubborn seller.
- people are only willing to pay a competitive price.
- where do most buyers shop for homes? On the
- look at the quality of your pictures
on the web and how they are situated. Have a virtual tour.
- list the
‘many extras’ – finished basement and bathroom, new windows, ceramic, etc.
- use price increments of $5000. Don’t price @ $244,900. Price @ $245,000 – that will get more hits in peoples
Smart Selling Strategies For Any Market
(1) How do home
sellers attract the attention of both buyers and agents?
markets experiencing declines in value, it’s vital that sellers do everything they can to make their home more attractive to buyers and agents alike.
sites or blogs with photos help sellers showcase their home with more pictures than the local MLS might allow. Make sure you are getting your home up on as many sites as possible.
(2) Stage the
and clean and de-clutter as much as possible.
any needed termite or chimney inspections done before you put the property on the market, so you can hand the paperwork to buyers and talk about what you are willing to pay, while they are still
excited about the home. In the hands of a professional Stager, homes go from downright dowdy to updated and inviting.
- if the
home advertises as having a dining room make sure it shows as a dining room, not as an office.
and de-clutter. Clutter is unappealing.
- de-personalize and remove themes such as wallpapers, borders, posters and ‘superhero’ bedding. Most stagers would say wallpaper would come down, since wall paper is a personal
back curtains to allow more sunlight to shine. A few accessories only should be left on tables and counters.
- removing all but a few articles of clothing. Clearing out the bottom of the closets as well.
knickknacks from mantels and add a single elegant painting in their place.
the outside in by adding a healthy green plant.
- excellent photography helps to make a Staged room look even better. This is key, now that so many house hunters shop online.
the counters - counter space sells.
For more information on how we can help you to prepare and Stage your home, to sell faster and for more money, contact
Mary Ellen Gerster ASP, Accredited Staging Professional
705 328 0360