Thinking of selling your home?
Do you want to get top dollar and sell in a reasonable amount of time?
Then let’s move into ‘marketing mode’!
Your home is now a
product and to have the edge in the market place you must price it right and have it look more attractive than the competition so prospective buyers will fall in love and choose your house over all
Have To Price Your House Right
realistic – what is a buyer willing to pay – not what are your expectations.
- Compare yours to other homes on the market. I repeat.... what are buyers willing to pay?
it too high and your listing will stay on the market. While your looking for prices from the past, your home loses its freshness. People are only willing to pay a competitive price.
do most buyers shop for homes? On the internet!
at the quality of your pictures on the web and how they are situated. Have a virtual tour.
the ‘many extras’ – finished basement and bathroom, new windows, ceramic, etc.
price increments of $5000. Don’t price @ $244,900. Price @ $245,000 – that will get more hits in peoples searches.
Q – How do home sellers attract the attention of both buyers and agents?
A – They do everything they can to make their home more attractive to buyers and agents alike.
the home. Hiring a professional Stager, takes a home from dated and dowdy to updated, refreshing and inviting.
any needed termite or chimney inspections done before you put the property on the market.
- If the
home advertises as having a dining room make sure it shows as a dining room, not as an office.
and declutter. Clutter is unappealing.
- De-personalize and remove themes such as wallpapers, borders, posters and ‘superhero’ bedding. Most Stagers would say wallpaper would come down, since wall paper is a personal
curtains to allow more natural light in.
only a few accessories on tables and counters.
- Show spacious closets by removing all but a few articles of clothing and shoes. Stuffed closets give the impression that the
house doesn’t have enough storage.
- Bring the outside in by adding a healthy green plant.
knickknacks from mantels and add a single elegant painting in their place.
- In the
kitchen, counter space sells. Clear the counters so the buyer’s eye travels easily through the space, with occasional pops of color such as fruit in a basket or a decorative vase.
- Excellent photography helps to make a Staged room look even better. This is key, now that so many house hunters shop online.
“You Never Get a Second Chance to Make a First Impression”
We can help you to prepare and Stage your home, to sell faster and for more money.
Contact Mary Ellen Gerster, Accredited Staging Professional.