Homeowners and new home builders recognize more than ever the need to make a home more
attractive to potential buyers. This practice called Staging involves some cleanup and rearranging, making furniture look good, eliminating clutter, painting and cleaning.
Having your home Staged will make it easier for you to market and sell your property.
- your MLS photos will be 100% more enticing
- prospective home buyers are more likely to fall in love with and make an offer on a home that shows well
- agents and buyers alike use their computers to search for properties. 90% of Canadian home buyers search online before ever calling a real estate agent.
- you will attract more leads with quality online pictures of interior and exterior .
Adding curb appeal, re-arranging your furniture and creating traffic flow enables you to better market your home.
- bringing out the full potential of the living space creating appeal to the widest market possible.
- to make your home stand out you don’t need to renovate but be sure everything looks good and works well.
- if your home is in dis-repair and unappealing, potential buyers won’t even get out of the car.
- sellers often think they can skip this step and take less, but if the house is not appealing you may not get the chance to negotiate.
Many agents think it’s better to get a house on the market, and maybe sell it for less, than to risk offending clients with constructive
- as an
independent third party, Mary Ellen's Staging can address problems head on and tell you the things your Realtor won’t say for fear of losing your listing.
last thing you want to hear is your Realtor recommend a $10,000, $20,000 or $50,000 price reduction, because that’s money right out of your pocket.
Staging services can range anywhere from a few hundred dollars for a consultation up to several thousand dollars to fully furnish a large or very high-end home.
every case, the cost to you the home owner will be significantly less than a real estate price reduction.
recent national survey conducted by StagedHomes.com of over 400 homes across Canada and the Continental US found that 94.9% of homes staged by an Accredited Staging Professional (ASP Stager) sold in
35 days or less. That compares to an average of 171.2 days on the market for homes not professionally staged. The survey also indicates staged homes sell for 3% to 10% over the list price.
"Maximize your chances of people getting excited about your listing and envision themselves moving in!"